[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] Unable to compile with --enable-runtime-cpudetect on Mac OS X

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Thu Jun 25 00:21:46 CEST 2009

On 24 Jun 2009, at 23:17, Adrian Stutz wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Patrice Bensoussan <
> patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile ffmpeg for ppc so that it can run on both G3
>> and G4
>> (using altivec with G4). It seems that --enable-runtime-cpudetect
>> option has
>> been introduced recently in configure, so I assume it would be the
>> option to
>> use to achieve what I want to do... but doesn't seem to work... Am
>> I missing
>> something or is this a known issue/limitation?
>

> I've just submitted a patch for this issue, see here:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-June/071836.html

Works nicely :-) what about the options on the gcc compilation line? I
can see -maltivec -mabi=altivec is being used... does it mean it will
not work on G3? Thanks.

Patrice