[FFmpeg-devel] What is the relationship between wmv1, wmv2 and wmv3 and msmpeg4?

Jai Menon jmenon86
Sat Jun 20 18:03:06 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM, zhihang wang<zhihang.wang at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Also I can post patches to ffmpeg. But because many hackers are developing
> ffmpeg and I will change some structure of the project (You can find these
> changes in the latest version of ffavs although it still can't be compiled),

Maybe you should make arrive at some conclusions from that very fact.

> it is difficult to make it compatible with ffmpeg.
> So I fork ffmpeg making it convient to change it.

Change it to what? Or in other words, why change it if you are just
adding another codec?
IMHO this is a very broken reasoning for a fork.

--
Regards,

Jai