[FFmpeg-devel] What is the relationship between wmv1, wmv2 and wmv3 and msmpeg4?

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sat Jun 20 17:17:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM, zhihang wang <zhihang.wang at gmail.com>wrote:

> It is no doubt that I add the AVS encoder to the ffmpeg project.
> But because of so much work I should do and considering the updating of
> ffmpeg every day, I can't make sure I can follow
> the ffmpeg project.
> So I make another project and named it ffavs. The licence is not changed.

Yes you have changed the license multiple times, you even changed it to
nonexistent licenses like "S-GPL" and "LGNU". Just look at your wiki and git
history. At some point in time you even declared ffavs was under the "Apache
liciense"!

http://ffavs.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ffavs;a=shortlog
http://www.ffavs.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&diff=100&oldid=98

The main advantage of ffavs compared to ffmpeg I claimed on my website is
> the GOAL of my work.
> You can find these great changes from the git repository.
> There are still much work I have not done yet.
> I think it is almost impossible to use patch for the ffmpeg project to make
> so many changes.

And could you please follow the netiquette guidelines in
http://www.ffmpeg.org/mailinglists.html ? Specially not top-posting.

Ramiro Polla