[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] h264 picture reordering fails

Haruhiko Yamagata h.yamagata
Thu Jun 18 14:46:27 CEST 2009

>> On Sun, May 31, 2009, fenrir wrote:
>>> This point has been discusses on the JVT mailing list, it was said that
>>> negative POC are valids, they just mean that the picture has to be
>>> displayed
>>> before the IDR.
>>
>> OK, I understand.
>> Then negative POC should typically be -2, while longer reference chains are
>> theoretically possible.
>>
>> Obviously it is not the case with mine. The frame with POC 0 happens to be
>> a B frame.
>
>what POC value does the reference impl give that frame?
>If a B frame ends at POC=0 that seems a bug in the encoder and we should find
>a way to handle that POC=0 non IDR case not chnage POC
>OTOH
>if the reference gives it a POC != 0 then our poc code is buggy

JM decoder gives POC=0 to the B frame. The log attached.

I extracted the bitstream from the GDR frame to the end.
If you need the .264 file I used to get the log, please let me know.

Best regards,
Haruhiko Yamagata