[FFmpeg-devel] Hacks on FATE

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Thu Jun 18 08:09:35 CEST 2009

Robert Swain wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:00:33 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>
> wrote:
>> Some of the FATE configurations are using decidedly non-standard
>> configure options.  Some even apply PATCHES to the code.  This is not
>> the way we want it to be.
>
> [...]
>
>> x86_32 MacOSX: --disable-decoder=cavs
>>   Compiler bug?
>
> Lack of registers and poor register allocation as I recall.

Apart from not having the platform to reproduce this, I am
also lacking the skills to fix operand constraints in
the inline assembly, and I think this is where the problem
is.
It seems to come down to the constraints in the QPEL_CAVSVNUM
macro in the libavcodec/x86/cavsdsp_mmx.c file.
I would be grateful for any comments about them.

Stefan