[FFmpeg-devel] Pixel format for OpenEXR support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jun 17 22:07:33 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 11:43:39PM +0200, Jimmy Christensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of looking into adding OpenEXR, but have some questions
> regarding the target pixel format. OpenEXR supports 16-bit float and 32-bit
> float and integer. Would it be acceptable to convert all the above formats
> to the already existing RGB48 pixel format based on integer or do I need to
> first add "RGB96" pixel format based on float?

this depend on what they are semantically and what they are used for
is it a disadvantage to convert?
i would guess that there is some sense behind using such formats and thus
it might be better to preserve them but then it also could be something
silly like using linear rgb instead of gamma corrected one ...

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator