[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Flipped videos

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Fri Jun 12 19:19:30 CEST 2009

I came across an ffmpeg failure from Facebook's logs where a mobile
device of some sort recorded "DIB" video (raw video).  Virtualdub
decodes it correctly with its internal decoder; quick analysis showed
it was RGB565 rawvideo... and flipped.  Attached patch adds decoding
support... but it's flipped, since it's in Microsoft bitmap format .
We need some sort of method to flip videos which are coded
upside-down.  Thoughts on the best way to do this?

File is in incoming as facebook_dib_flipped.avi.

Dark Shikari