[FFmpeg-devel] AC-3 decoding problem with French HD public programs

Calmar calmar
Sun Jun 7 23:23:36 CEST 2009

Hi all,
The French HD channels (France 2, in Paris Eiffel Tower in this example)
is using AC-3 for encoding for audio, in 2ch apparently.
Unfortunately the decoding fails with all opensource softwares,
including ffmpeg.

I tested with the latest ffmpeg svn:
FFplay version SVN-r19133, Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree
  libavutil     50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
  libavcodec    52.30. 2 / 52.30. 2
  libavformat   52.34. 0 / 52.34. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  built on Jun  7 2009 23:00:15, gcc: 4.3.3

This shows the following error_:Spectral extension not implemented_.
Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from SVN. If the problem
still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been
implemented.If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to
ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/ and /_contact the
__ffmpeg-devel mailing list.
_/So, I obeyed; I have submitted a 2mb cut (hard cut) of the file here:
ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/test_ac3_problem.mpg

Thanks for your comments.

Calmar

/_
_/