[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Jun 6 13:44:29 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 02:21:23PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:

> OK, then I guess the only issue is a feature regression in that
> libopencore-amrwb doesn't do encoding. As Diego points out, there's
> nothing stopping people from using FFmpeg 0.5 or a version of svn from
> before the libamr reference wrapper gets removed, but I'm not really
> fond of feature regressions. Is there any good reason not to keep the
> libamr-wb reference encoder wrapper?

May I suggest that you read the 25+ messages in this thread before
restarting the discussion at square one?  Pros and cons have already
been hashed out extensively and a consensus seemed to have been reached.
If you have anything new to add, reply to the relevant subthread.  Just
raising the same concerns over and over again is inconstructive and
leads nowhere.

Diego