[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] PCR, PTS drift for mpegts streams. Black screen on set-top box.

Olof Astrand olof_astrand
Thu Jun 4 09:37:58 CEST 2009

> > I have been trying to get ffmpeg to stream a screen capture (x11grab)
> > to a set top box. Unfortunately ffmpeg has not been so successful so
> > far. It seems like mpegtsenc.c does not set or calculate PCR
> > correctly.
> >

> PCR is related to DTS, and yes this is a known problem. It should work
> better in CBR mode, ie with rc_max_rate set and respected.
>
> A fully working buffering model for the TS muxer is needed, patch very
> welcome.

How do you set  rc_max_rate?  Like this,  -maxrate 5000000?
How do you force ffmpeg to respect it?

Is there any other muxer that uses a buffering model?
Except for PCR the TS data stream seems to be OK. It seems to be very close to working.

 If we buffer the data we should be able to "look ahead" and use PTS for generating PCR.  Seems like a nice summer project.

Thanks for your reply.

 /Olof ?strand