[FFmpeg-devel] svq3.c: parse frame size

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Jul 30 16:12:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:00:52PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> + ? ? ? ? ? ?if (avctx->width <= 0 || avctx->height <= 0) {
>
> why only then?

The only case where this is relevant (i.e. affects outcome) is that
where the demuxer gives us one value and the svq3 header gives us
another. In any other case (if width <= 0, i.e. the demuxer didn't set
it, or the values are the same) the outcome is the same so it doesn't
matter.

OK, so now for that case where svq3 and demuxer tell us something
different: which do you trust more? My answer was that I trust the
demuxer more. Why? Well, because this comes from the wiki and is
relatively untested. I mean, it works for my videos, but it's still
not as tested as the .mov size parsing code ( :-) ).

Ronald