[FFmpeg-devel] WinCE/ffmpeg hacks

Martin Storsjö martin
Wed Jul 29 13:35:46 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, Ismail D?nmez wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Martin Storsj?<martin at martin.st> wrote:

> >> No, mov demuxer needs manual hacking since it uses sterror/errno
> >> combo. And you are correct, you still need to hack ?strerror(),
> >> perror(), getenv() and conio.h.
> >
> > Ok, good to know that our environments match in that respect, thanks.
>
> Looking at the hacks we need , we can't fix cegcc anymore because they
> try to emulate WinCE and not the C standard. For the remaining
> failures we need to add WinCE only hacks which defines these functions
> to be NOP or such.

Either that, or just keep local patches for the mingw32ce headers - I'm
fine with that solution too, even though it isn't the cleanest possible
one. With the attached patch (for mingw32ce 0.55), I'm able to build the
latest ffmpeg unmodified.

You could perhaps try arguing on their mailing list that supporting
standard C headers would be wise even though they're not available in the
official WinCE SDKs - that's quite easy as long as it only concerns
headers and defines and functions that can be left with empty
implementations, but for stuff like errno, doing it properly (with proper
thread support) isn't really easy.

Feel free to pursue this track (or trying to get workarounds merged into
ffmpeg) if you like arguing, I think I'll settle for the local header
hacks myself.

// Martin