[FFmpeg-devel] Does ffmlp decode Blueray?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi
Wed Jul 29 12:43:20 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 15:54:28 Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 July 2009 13:07:08 Ian Caulfield wrote:
> > 2009/7/28 Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it>:
> > > Hi.
> > > Ian, I patched mplayer's TS demuxer to extract MLP streams in
> > > 0x72 substreams (btw, can you send me the list of sub_id
> > > assignments, please? I lost it ;-) ) but ffmlp refuses to
> > > decode all the samples I gave it, with various errors.
> > > Can ffmlp decode MLP streams in BD at all?
> >
> > I don't have my main development machine handy, so I can't
> > remember if I'd figured out any other ids.
> >
> > As far as I know Blu-Ray TrueHD tracks should work, although I've
> > only tested a couple. If you have any that fail, post a sample
> > and file a bugreport...
> >
> > Ian
>
> the patch is here, but you also need to specify -audsid 0x72.
> The bugreport tonight.

the sample is ac3+truehd.ts in incoming
the error is:

$ ./mplayer  -vo null ../../ac3+truehd.ts -ausid 0x72
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
[mlp @ 0x12cbef0]There must be no extraword for MLP.
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound

Do I have to add an entry to roundup? I'm not sure this qualifies as a
bug.