[FFmpeg-devel] av_open_input_file hangs when given the wrong IP address

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Jul 21 08:50:19 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 14:51 -0700, Edward Patton wrote:
> Hi
>
> This may be related to Issue539. I am using av_open_input_file to start rtp video streaming. When I give it an incorrect IP address, the function does not return.

I am pretty sure TCP's connect has a timeout, so it should return (maybe
after a long time :).

If TCP timeout is too long, I think the problem should be addressed at
application level, by implementing a timeout and using url_interrupt_cb
to stop the loop (I recently posted on libav-user showing how to use
url_interrupt_cb... It should work in this case too).

				Luca