[FFmpeg-devel] TrueHD track in EVO not playable/testable with ffplay

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 20 17:15:56 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:15:45PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> >> And what shall the user do if output_channels has no value after decoder init?
> >
> > he should call av_find_stream_info() either way and that should fill it in,
> > in theory ...
>
> I have a few more ideas:
> - av_find_stream_info() tests for output_channels if request_channels
> is set. this would require request_channels to be set before even
> opening the codec;

possible

> - av_find_stream_info() fills possible channel combinations in
> coded_channels[] and the user chooses from that to set
> request_channels. In this case it would set coded_channels[0] = 2;
> coded_channels[1] = 6; coded_channels[2] = 0; or something like that.

sounds complex and yet limited, i mean 5 channels is ambigous, there can be
different channel layouts with 5 ...

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus