[FFmpeg-devel] Additional RTSP issues

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Jul 19 17:46:20 CEST 2009

Stas Oskin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On same subject here - is it possible to specify the server that I want to
> use TCP over HTTP streaming?

There is support for tcp but last time I looked you don't have it wired
to an ffplay option (yet)

> AKA QuickTime HTTP tunneling?

I think it isn't patch welcome (or wait for a month ^^)

> Live555/VLC have such option, I wonder if FFMPEG has it too, or how
> complicated it would be to add one?

rtsp-interleave (so you use the tcp rtsp connection to deliver rtcp and
rtp) is standard and relatively easy to implement, http-tunnel isn't
standard and the best documentation is looking at someonelse code...

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member