[FFmpeg-devel] Additional RTSP issues

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Jul 15 21:43:09 CEST 2009

On 7/15/2009 12:30 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Baptiste
> Coudurier<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That what I actually do now, but I still want to be able to process these
>>> frames if needed.
>> Interesting, what for ?
>
> - data prefetch (imagine wanting an internal buffer, skipping the
> first 3sec b/c of delay and then having to wait an *additional* 3
> seconds to build up the internal buffer; of course the 3s is a random
> number but you get the idea)

What's the frequency of RTCP SR ?
I also wonder how other implementations manage to somehow returns
timestamps better (even if unreliable) than libavformat, and it seems to
suit some users better.

> - not all RTSP streams are live

I could understand the RTCP SR problem when it is live, but I cannot
when it's not live, can you please explain the principles ?
Though I wonder why the first thing the server send is not a RTCP SR, I
guess I'm not understanding the concept.