[FFmpeg-devel] Indeo3 maintainer?

Maxim max_pole
Mon Jul 6 00:56:34 CEST 2009

Reimar D?ffinger schrieb:
> Hello,
> am I right that we have no maintainer for indeo3 (only Michael in his
> "fallback" role)?
> The problem seems to me that the code lacks buffer boundary checks all
> over the place, particularly related to motion vector stuff, which is
> the reason why there is such a huge amount of indeo3 samples in issue
> 1240 (about 20, the i32 directory).
> The look I had at the code was enough for me to decide that I don't
> really want to have anything to do with it, the code is a single blob in
> iv_Decode_Chunk that without comments (sorry, "case 0:
> /********** CASE 0 **********/" does count as a WTF, not a comment) and
> mostly useless variable names might just as well be a binary blob...
> So any takers are welcome...

A clean-up of this decoder is on the top of my personal todo-list after
I'll get my indeo4/5 code ready and committed. The decoding algorithm is
completely clear to me. I already wrote my own source for it being able
to decode all known samples without issues. Next step would be to
integrate this code into ffmpeg...
So I could imagine to maintain this decoder starting with next month...

Regards
Maxim P.