[FFmpeg-devel] Multiple FFservers in same machine

Saps saps
Thu Jan 29 23:28:16 CET 2009

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Try to find RTSP port directive in ffserver.conf
> Otherwise update to latest svn, because you have an old version.
>
> Sure you can.

Thank you so much Baptist,

But I don?t have a port directive to change, please look

with wfelix user, ffserver.conf :
######################
Port 8091
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxClients 5
MaxBandwidth 5000
CustomLog -
NoDaemon

<Stream testflv.flv>
File "/home/wfelix/ffmpeg_tests/Dawn_Shout.flv"
#NoAudio
Author "Stormbringer"
Copyright "Route10 - Games"
Title "Stream de video pre-gravado"
Comment "vamos ver se rola"
</Stream>
<Stream status.html>
Format status
</Stream>
<Redirect index.html>
URL http://www.route10.com.br/
</Redirect>
#### EOF ####
######################################

And, with fabrica1 user, ffserver2.conf:
##########################
Port 8092
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxBandwidth, below.
MaxClients 2
MaxBandwidth 5000
CustomLog -
NoDaemon
<Stream testflv.flv>
File "/home/fabrica1/test-videos/justfine.flv"
Author "Stormbringer"
Copyright "Route10 - Games"
Title "Stream de video pre-gravado"
Comment "vamos ver se rola"
</Stream>

<Stream status.html>
Format status
</Stream>
<Redirect index.html>
URL http://www.route10.com.br/
</Redirect>
###  EOF ###
#################

just for test this problem of mine, they are simple file pre-recorded flv ;)
they work in diferent ports: 8091 and 8092

well, when I start:
ffserver -f /home/wfelix/ffmpeg/ffserver.conf

works good, tested and ok

BUT, when I try to start the second server
[root at srv1 ~]# ffserver -f /home/fabrica1/ffmpeg/ffserver2.conf
bind(port 5454): Address already in use
Could not start server

I don?t have a rtsp stream and have no port directive using 5454...
before start the first ffserver the 5454 is free...

and I don?t have a

<Stream test1-rtsp.mpg>
Format rtp
File "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/test1.mpg"
</Stream>

to change the rtsp port like this example:

<Stream test1-sdp.mpg>
Format rtp
File "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/test1.mpg"
MulticastAddress 224.124.0.1
MulticastPort 5000
MulticastTTL 16
NoLoop
</Stream>

I don?t find any example of ffserver.conf with an option to disable or
change the use of this port(I read the one on svn tree, also the
ffserver-doc.texi), neither a help-document with a possible solution yet...
please, show me the way :D

Thanks...

Wagner Felix