[FFmpeg-devel] lame: output buffer too small issue

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Jan 28 01:58:54 CET 2009

2009/1/28 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:

>>>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> Should we finally switch to git, or should we require _users_ to use
>>> svn, to avoid this kind or reports ?
>>
>> What's holding it back? A neat way to handle libswscale
>> cloning/pulling?
>
> libswscale is a problem, but not an unsolvable one.

A proposed solution might be...? :)

>> Commit log messages?
>
> Not a problem as such, but you won't be able to edit commit messages
> later with git.

I suspect that will drive Diego nuts more than most others. :)

>> Mapping of the master branch commit hashes to some revision number?
>
> I'm not too worried about that.

I suppose people will refer to dates and times rather than version
numbers when discussing revisions.

>> Anything else?
>
> We need to devise a secure way for people to commit stuff to the
> server.  This will of course not become easier by delaying, but it's
> something that requires proper consideration.  We don't want any
> security holes.
>
> Finally, I'd prefer that a good number of developers were at least
> somewhat familiar with git before we switch.  I know some of us
> already use it, but I don't know how large a number.

I use it for some things (series of patches, things I'm going to spend
some time developing). I tend to use svn for quick FFmpeg patches but
that's mainly because FFmpeg still uses svn.

Rob