[FFmpeg-devel] Process for adding new fields to various contexts

Ivan Schreter schreter
Tue Jan 27 20:14:00 CET 2009

Hi,

I intend to fix something in H.264 decoder, but for that I need to
communicate additional information from parser in libavcodec to
libavformat (one flag and one count), for instance as variable in
AVCodecParserContext. I don't want to break binary compatibility, though.

What is the proper way to do this (in particular and in general)? I
didn't find any howto (maybe would be interesting to put it online).

Thanks & regards,

Ivan