[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jan 27 10:25:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:41:02AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:02:41AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:13:13PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > why is fate not running doxgen and counting the warnings & errors it prints?
> >
> > Well, most people do not use nuclear weapons to solve a rodent problem
> > :-P
>
> the LD50 for mice is twice than that for humans, also mice tend to hide out of
> direct sight thus would also have some stuff between them and the radiation
> source significantly attenuating it.

Don't analyze my jokes, that makes them (even more?) non-funny :-)

> > Or to put it more clearly: There is not really much sense in running
> > doxygen on loads of different architectures and operating systems,
> > so it does not really fit FATE...
>
> well i agree but also its better to run redundantly than run not at all
> if it can be done just on one fate machine that of course would be fine
> as well ...

If Mike can/wants to polish fate for this task, too, I sure don't
object, I just thought that this task could probably be solved much
faster without using any of the FATE infrastructure...