[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jan 27 00:10:33 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:43:00PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:23:02PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Libavformat cannot export a stream for which there is no codec in
> > lavc.
>
> this is only partly true
> the user app has to figure the codec out based on the container specific
> codec_tag but thats not the same as impossible ...

Which MPlayer actually does (in addition) and it seems to work well enough (I think
M?ns hates that design so much he immediately forgot it again after this
came up the last time :-P).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger