[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Jan 26 16:42:07 CET 2009

Hi Diego,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 03:06:51PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:30:21AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>> > And then I think we should adopt the wine method of releasing.
>>
>> What is that method?  A quick search on Google revealed nothing.
>
> Can anybody shine a light on this?

It is a blind way of releasing weekly or monthly snapshots of the
current trunk with essentially no guaranteed QA&co. The idea is to get
it out so people use it.

Since projects like mplayer, xine and gst already use svn snapshots, I
think there is no point in doing this.

Ronald