[FFmpeg-devel] Information Required

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Sat Jan 24 13:35:33 CET 2009

Waqas Daar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am planning to build a multimedia media application in C, and I want to
> use ffmpeg.

That is a good choice.

> So I need all the packages and libraries which is needed to
> start. For simple step. Can you please mail me all the links or packages
> from where I can download and tell me the procedure how can I include it in
> my application.

I suggest to follow the links on this page
http://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html
Afterwards, if you still have problems using ffmpeg you
can post your questions to the ffmpeg-user mailing list.
If you have problems with your code interfacing with the
libavcodec or libavformat libraries , the libav-user mailing
list will be the right one for you.

However, this particular mailing list is intended for
development of ffmpeg, not development with ffmpeg.

> I will be very thankful to you.

You are welcome.

Stefan