[FFmpeg-devel] build warning in dsputil.c

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Fri Jan 23 14:09:22 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 09:18:52PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> >
> > I get:
> > libavcodec/dsputil.c:4500:5: warning: "CONFIG_H264_ENCODER" is not defined
> >
> > This seems related to the recent build system changes. Maybe this one
> > was overlooked?
>
> No, it's due to the fact that we do not have a H.264 encoder, but
> some fragments of H.264 encoder code lying around.

Right.

> Since this particular case is just one silly line:
>
>     ff_h264dspenc_init(c,avctx);
>
> I vote for just removing it.  In the unlikely case that somebody decides
> to work on an H.264 encoder in the future, this is trivial to restore.

This indeed sounds like a sane solution.

I initially wanted to #include h264.h in dsputils.c, because h264.h
defines CONFIG_H264_ENCODER. But it's not possible because of this line
in h264.h:
#define mb_intra mb_intra_is_not_initialized_see_mb_type

Aurel