[FFmpeg-devel] FOMS 2009 FFmpeg outbrief

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Jan 22 17:59:12 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 15:57 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:
>
> > compn <tempn <at> twmi.rr.com> writes:
> >
> >> mplayer now uses lavf mp4 demuxer by default. the only big bug i can
> >> see is that the binary svq3 and qdm2 (and probably all binary codecs)
> >> are broken (extradata problem?).
> >
> > Seeking before beginning (which is not unusual using MPlayer and
> > well supported by the mov native demuxer) does not work:
>
> I don't see how such an operation could possibly work.  It could
> fail in a number of different ways, but never actually do what was
> asked, which is a typical definition of "work".

Any video player will want about the same semantics: if the seek
position goes before the start of the file then seek to the start. That
is well defined and lavf could implement it.

What's considered the correct way to get those semantics with the
current API? Retry all failed seeks without AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD?