[FFmpeg-devel] ADRL causes fatal error in dsputil_arm_s.S

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Jan 19 16:05:37 CET 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Yonas . <googelly.eyes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm compiling ffmpeg for the iPhone and have 99% of it done, but one
> line is causing the assembler to crash. In
> libavcodec/arm/dsputil_arm_s.S --> put_pixels8_xy2_arm function:
>
> @ void func(uint8_t *block, const uint8_t *pixels, int line_size, int h)
>         @ block = word aligned, pixles = unaligned
>         pld [r1]
>         stmfd sp!, {r4-r11,lr} @ R14 is also called LR
>         adrl r12, 5f
>
> the adrl instruction causes the following error:
>
> /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/as:
> fatal error in /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/arm/as
> make: *** [arm/dsputil_arm_s.o] Error 1
>
> How can we work around this? I'm using SVN r16669.

What's the problem? Does the iPhone SDK forces to use thumb instructions?

Guillaume
--
Only a very small fraction of our DNA does anything; the rest is all
comments and ifdefs.

Rita Rudner  - "When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his
first name was Always."