[FFmpeg-devel] Rename SH4 architecture to SH

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Jan 15 15:14:30 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:30:15PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>> 2009/1/15 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
>> > Hi, I just noticed that the SuperH architecture is abbreviated as SH,
>> > but we use SH4 in #defines and directory names.  I propose changing
>> > that.  Anybody against?
>>
>> Would it lose any clarity because of 'sh' being an abbreviation for 'shell'?
>
> In what context do you think it could be confused?
>
> I think I have to note that SH-4 (or SH4) is just a special type of SH
> processor, similar to ARM and ARMV4L/ARMV5 etc., there exist other
> variants like SH-2, SH-3, SH-5, ...

All our code for that family is for SH4, and as someone else said, none
of the others see much use.  The architecture is generally referred to
as sh4, so renaming it could be confusing.  I'd leave it as is for now.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com