[FFmpeg-devel] RTP mark bit not passed to parse_packet

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jan 15 14:59:28 CET 2009

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
>> BTW, what has avformat.h to do with this flag? Isn't the "flags"
>> variable passed to parse_packet() internal to the RTP
>> demuxer?
>
> Values in flags are same as AVPacket.flags, defined in avformat.h.

This looks like a hack... Why reusing the same values for something
different? I do not see any code in which AVPacket.flags and this
flags variable are related.
This becomes even more true if we add the "RTP_FLAG_M_BIT"...

>> (and, BTW, what is it used for? In rtp_parse_packet() we have
>> "flags = 0" and the value is never changed... And it does not
>> appear to be documented anywhere...)
>
> RDT uses it (rdt_parse_packet() is the RDT variant of rtp_parse_packet()).

Ok, I checked rdt.c, and the relevant line seems to be:
flags = (flags & PKT_FLAG_KEY) ? 2 : 0;
so, why not using an "RTP_FLAG_KEY" (equal to 2) instead of PKT_FLAG_KEY
(changing it to 2 before using the flags variable)?

				Luca