[FFmpeg-devel] Broken compile with latest libavutil/common.h

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Jan 15 01:22:36 CET 2009

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> "Chris Silva" <2manybills at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > /usr/local/include/libavutil/common.h:326:14: error: operator '||' has no left operand
> >
> > ---- line 326
> > +#if ARCH_X86 || ARCH_PPC || ARCH_BFIN
> >
> > Is this a xine-lib problem or a ffmpeg problem?
>
> Looks like it's our fault.  That certainly won't work in an installed
> header.  Thanks for telling us.

Ouch ! Indeed !
Now with this change, we realize that we had part of installed files
which were always silently disabled, and thus not really part of
public API despite being in installed header.
As the corresponding code wasn't really part of public API, I think
the best solution is to move it out of public header.
Attached patch is a rough attempt a moving what seems to be non-public.

Aurel