[FFmpeg-devel] ALAC regression test

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Jan 7 08:30:07 CET 2009

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Jai Menon wrote:
>> Yes it is. I dunno what the problem could be. Maybe you could try and
>> generate the regression reference
>> on one of your machines and then check if that remains consistent
>> across platforms. As I said, my build and
>> test environment isn't really sane right now :-)
>
> I'm still working this. It turns out that my RPC test tool prefers
> operating on formats that don't require seekable output.

Nevermind; I just thought of a solution. Short story: x86_64 (Linux/Mac)
disagree with x86_32 & PPC (Linux/Mac). Full test:

./tools/rpc-dist-test.py "{MD5} FFMPEG -y -flags +bitexact -dct fastint
-idct simple -ab 128k -ac 2 -f s16le -i
SAMPLES_PATH/ffmpeg-synthetic/asynth1.sw -acodec alac output.m4a &&
/bin/cat output.m4a"

1 configuration(s) failed
   configuration Mac OS X / x86_32 / gcc 4.0.1 returned status 133

There were 2 unique stdout blobs collected

The following configurations agree on the same stdout:
   Linux / x86_64 / gcc 4.0.4
   Linux / x86_64 / gcc 4.1.2
   Linux / x86_64 / gcc 4.2.4
   Linux / x86_64 / gcc 4.3.2
   Linux / x86_64 / gcc svn
   Mac OS X / x86_64 / gcc 4.0.1
stdout:
1e3170eff48f12f46346ea5636edd874

The following configurations agree on the same stdout:
   Linux / x86_32 / icc
   Linux / x86_32 / gcc 2.95.3
   Linux / x86_32 / gcc 3.4.6
   Linux / x86_32 / gcc 4.0.4