[FFmpeg-devel] Implementing VDPAU

Jean-Michel Pouré jm
Mon Jan 5 10:47:30 CET 2009

Dear friends,

This question is about VDPAU implementation in MLT. I understand that an
Nvidia card is needed, as well as the proper Nvdia drivers and hearders.

Now that VDPAU was committed to FFmpeg SVN, could you outline your
future plans for VDPAU implementation in FFmpeg? Will FFmpeg be able to
wrap around VDPAU automatically to speed-up decoding? Or will some
framework/development always be necessary on the client side? Do you
recommend implementing VDPAU immediately or should we wait until more
support is added in FFmpeg?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel