[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG fails to convert .mov - "Cannot allocate temp picture"

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Jan 1 16:06:23 CET 2009

Hi,

fcassia wrote:

>>>  >> [...]
>>>  >>
>> //tigani-mide.
>>> Your file is a reference file pointing to external file, however an
>>> error occurs when opening external file. You should check the path and
>>> access to '//tigani-mide.mov'.
>> I'm not totally convinced that this is a complete analysis, but I rather think
>> ffmpeg is missing something when reading this file (at least sound, but maybe
>> also video).
>> Did you test mplayer tigani-mide2.mov -demuxer mov ?
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>
> Thanks Carl,
>
> Im not encouraged to continue testing after the obvious disregard for
> bug reports by the managers of this project. The "Working fine,
> nothing to see, move along..." attitude is puzzling.

Can you please elaborate on what is _not_ working here ?
FFmpeg demuxer fails to open the referenced file and says so.
Furthermore I spent some time reading your mail, answering it, even
explaining to you what was wrong, while your mail should at first have
been sent on user mailing list first.

> That s the trouble with Mac users, they feel that with its
> single-digit market share the 90%+ of the world users must know about
> the intrincacies and absurdities of Apple file formats, and that if
> you request a nicer, more human-readable error message well, you need
> to "learn something".

I don't get it, many parts of .mov are standardized, furthermore I
believe 90% of FFmpeg users are Linux users.

You are free to request the change, however there is a very little
chance that your request will be honored, afterall coders on FFmpeg are
volunteers, you could however send a patch to change the message, like I
suggested you, or pay someone to write the patch for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no