[FFmpeg-devel] eval lavfi filter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 25 12:05:28 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:07:57AM +0100, V?ctor Paesa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Niedermayer said:
> > On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:56:54PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >> On date Tuesday 2009-02-24 23:26:23 +0100, Michael Niedermayer
> >> encoded:

> >> ffmpeg uses/expects the fps of the input video (instead of the
> >> filtered one) and generates duplicated frames to reach that.

> >> handle it
> >>
> >> Could someone give some more hints about this?
> >
> > just try the example that caused frame duplication and check the
> > resulting file, avi/mov/mp4/nut should have no duplicate frames anymore.
> > feedback and bugreports welcome ...
> >

> >> Also I suppose this is not necessarily a lavfi-related issue, right?
> >
> > no
>
> Right, I was able to trace it (but not able to fix) to ffmpeg.c, it
> seems that do_video() is duplicating frames. Maybe adding a new "-vsync 3"
> that would not perfom any frame rate duplication?

just tried
ffmpeg -v 9 -i matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg -r 90 test.avi

no duplicated frames are generated and considering you provide not a single
word of a hint of what you did or what did not work i cant help

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.