[FFmpeg-devel] eval lavfi filter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 25 02:43:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:56:54PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2009-02-24 23:26:23 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:39:22PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > On date Tuesday 2009-01-20 09:37:21 +0100, V?ctor Paesa encoded:
> >
> > ffmpeg should not duplicate frames anymore if the container can handle it
>
> Could someone give some more hints about this?

just try the example that caused frame duplication and check the resulting
file, avi/mov/mp4/nut should have no duplicate frames anymore.
feedback and bugreports welcome ...

> Also I suppose this is not necessarily a lavfi-related issue, right?

no

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.