[FFmpeg-devel] XVMC Deathmatch

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Feb 21 23:47:07 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:32:30PM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> On 2/18/09, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> >> This is not what I've asked :E
>
> I don't see answer of this question.
>
> I'll say it this way. I signed for a match,
> not to fighting the World Coding War 1.
>
> Anyway, It's been days since last commit by either of us around
> this code, so I guess it is already over.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question I asked you about
your doxygen comments.

There is one more thing I would like to work on.

> >> Right now I've stopped completely working on it,
> >
> > you are too predictable
> >
> >> in fear that another forgotten space could bring some severe penalty.
> >> ( I know what thought just crossed your mind, forget it;)
> >
> > what would you do with that past checkheaders breakage if you where in my
> > position?
>
> I've never liked the checkheaders madness to begin with.
> Despite the fact that it have known good sides.
>
> In the case of my commits no breakage occurred.

Ahem.

> In mpegvideo_xvmc.c the avcodec.h is included before xvmc(_pixfmt).h
> So it would have had the correct defines.
> MPlayer is another story, and I can point fingers left and right.
> But nothing broke.

The header is an installed header and *must* work standalone, not
break silently when two #includes are shuffled.

> On the other side ABI breaking was especially forbidden.
> It was broken with the promise that xvmc.h is not system installed,
> however Diego himself made the xvmc.h header system installed (r17226).

This was discussed and well-known, we operated under the assumption that
changes were OK.  The first set was explicitly agreed, for the rest it
was "Go ahead, it's in a state of flux..".

Diego