[FFmpeg-devel] Some footage for H264 on kdenlive.org

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sat Feb 21 21:45:16 CET 2009

Jean-Michel Pour? <jm <at> poure.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 14:54 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Could you point me to a sample with deblocking issues?
>
> If I am correct, most AVCHD camcorders have deblocking issues.
>
> For example:
> http://www.kdenlive.org/video-editor/canon-hf100

I was suspicious when you posted a list of directories instead of a link to a
specific file; however I tested the first file on the list and  it decodes
bit-identical with ffmpeg (current svn) and the reference decoder (15.1).

There are of course issues with this file: You need -strict 1 to make comparing
easier and -vsync 0 because of the known synchronisation issues for which we
have very good samples (Note that the canon sample is also useful) and currently
have a need for testing Ivan's patches.

There are, however, no "deblocking issues" with this sample.

[...]
> Don't fire me if I am wrong.

Hmm.

Carl Eugen