[FFmpeg-devel] Patch to add support for handling multiple edit lists in MOV files

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Feb 20 08:16:00 CET 2009

Jai Menon wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Baptiste Coudurier
> <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2/18/2009 1:41 PM, Krishna Gadepalli wrote:
>>> I have attached a patch to add support for multiple edit list in MOV files.
>>> I ported this over from Xine (demux_qt.c)It seems to fix the av sync issue
>>> in menace00.mov and bedroses.mov (hard to see this one) in

Indeed, the menace00.mov has always been the most glaring example of
this. I remember a Star Trek: Nemesis trailer that also had a tricky
edit list.

>>> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/mov/editlist
>>> I cant see (or rather hear) the av sync issue with the other samples in that
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> This patch removes the time_offset code which addressed only the single
>>> edit-list case - since it handles that case also.
>>>
>>> Any feedback is appreciated...
>> Nice to see someone working on this.
>>
>> However, If I'm not mistaken, Xine license is GPL, while mov.c is LGPL,
>> this is a problem, unless you can get author(s) approval to relicense
>> this code.
>
> copyright for that file is assigned to Mike, he could be approached
> with relicensing
> this part...

Sure, go for it. I'd be surprised if my xine demuxer is the most elegant
example you can find in open source for handling edit lists. All I
remember about edit lists is that I hate dealing with them.

> IMHO though, why port/copy&paste the xine code, this should be trivial
> to rewrite

Good luck.

--
     -Mike Melanson