[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Windows issues with av_destruct_packet_nofree

Art Clarke aclarke
Thu Feb 19 18:21:19 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:

> ill think about this once someone posts a patch

Which I'll send later today, but the original e-mail was looking for
guidance on how to patch.  Here's the options I see:
1) just add clarifying comments (my recommended) to avformat.h
2) deprecate av_destruct_packet_nofree from the public API and put in
internal.h
3) deprecate av_destruct_packet_nofree from the public API, put it in
internal.h, and provide a safe function that can return a function pointer
that is valid for external libraries on Windows to put in AVPacket.destruct,
and document.
4) do nothing

I'd rather not create all patches without guidance.

- Art