[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Windows issues with av_destruct_packet_nofree

Art Clarke aclarke
Wed Feb 18 19:02:46 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Baptiste Coudurier <
baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:

> > However (see option 4 in my original e-mail), it might be a good idea to
> > move av_destruct_packet_nofree to an internal-only method and deprecate
> it.
> > It causes more trouble than it's probably worth externally, and setting
> > destruct = 0 has (close to) the same effect.
>
> "_nofree" sets "->data" and "->size" to 0 also. This might have side
> effects.

Like I said, "close to" the same effect.  That's the thought behind
deprecating it.  If people are using their own AVPacket's, asking them to
set data and size to 0 as well seems reasonable to me.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.