[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org clean up

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Feb 18 04:25:17 CET 2009

2009/2/15 Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi>:
> On Sunday 15 February 2009, Dave Dodge wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 02:34:02AM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>> > Don't you find reading lines as long as this uncomfortable? :
>>
>> I guess if you tend to maximize applications I can see how you might
>> find it to be an issue.  Personally it would take a very special
>> situation, such as viewing HD screencaps, for me to make my browser
>> window anywhere close to that wide.
>
> Scalability is much nicer than assumptions about the amount of chars the
> user can fit on the screen.

So, you don't all object to having a maximum width because you don't
run your browsers maximised, but rather you do complain about fixed
width not scaling down to smaller widths on smaller screens. The
suggestion of having:

#container {
    max-width: <some value>;
    width: 100%;
}

Seems to be a reasonable compromise. How many people actually have
their browsers maximised and want really long lines? Aurelien? Jan?
Anyone?

Regards,
Rob