[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Feb 17 21:32:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 09:25:47PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009 17:28, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > i didnt want to forbid it i just wanted to shorten the list of
> > recommanditions
>
> OK. When we finalise the exact text of the upload rules I suppose tar.bz2
> and zip is enough to accommodate everybody.
>
> > you know this isnt efficient with large compressed archives ...
> > and doesnt work with all browsers
>
> True. I'll see what I can come up with to have the accompanying images (if
> any) stored without additional compression/archiving. As for the (re)naming
> of the files, do you want them to be right next to the issue's mediafile
> they belong to or do you want them archived as an image?
>
> e.g.
>
> [1]
> fubar.avi	-->	ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.avi
> fubar.png	-->	ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.png
>
> or
>
> [2]
> fubar.png	-->	ff_12345+image+png+++fubar.png
>
> The problem with the first option is that a png image will get archived
> under avi container, mpeg4 video, etc... The problem with the second option
> is that the files are only next to eachother under issue/ and if there's
> not issue/bug number attached, it won't be obvious which image belongs to
> which mediafile. That could be fixed though if we start numbering
> non-roundup/bugzilla files too.

the images, txt and media file should be kept together
the images could be in a subdir if there are many

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf