[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Ivo ivop
Mon Feb 16 17:20:29 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 03:08, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:07:02 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 01:43:17AM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> >> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/archive
>
> oh wow thats nice being able to quickly check by codec or container.
> great job!!

Thanks!

[..file naming rules..]
> some of this could be scripted. rename text files to copy video
> filenames and making extensions lowercase should be easy, right?

Yes, though I doubt if that's really necessary. The idea is that once
incoming is completely cleaned up and only contains symlinks to the new
archive, it'll only take 10-15 minutes a week to archive the new uploads of
the last 7-days. Writing and running a script to fix uploader's mistakes in
naming probably takes more time than just mv fubar.txt snafu.txt to
accompany a snafu.avi file.

--Ivo