[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Feb 15 16:57:39 CET 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> an ML would be good

Maybe something like ffmpeg-qa. When I get FATE to send emails, this
could be the destination.

> but for what do you need a db?

Databases are my hammer. Every problem looks like a nail. :)

> find incoming/ -newerct '2009-02-10' ! -newerct '2009-02-11'
>
> will find the files created on that day
> just replace the 2 dates by the current day and previous day, and make
> sure that the scrip doesnt run close to midnight and make sure the times
> dont contain hour/min/sec so they arent dependant on the exact running time
>
> really, just a 2 line script and it would be great if you put that on mphq
> a db would be overkill though IMHO

Overkill, true. But this is my general problem-solving approach: just
throw out *some* solution, usually the dumbest/most naive solution
possible (this is pretty much how FATE came to exist). Since there's
nowhere to go but up, people start proposing more rational solutions.
(You'll see a lot of this on my blog. :) )

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can come up with.

--
     -Mike Melanson