[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org clean up

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Feb 15 16:45:00 CET 2009

2009/2/15 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 02:24:21PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:

>> > its not my fault that browser tech moved backward since then
>> >
>> > once upon a time the web was about information, text, and pictures, diagrams
>> > and videos related to the text. Now its java, javascript, flash, god knows
>> > what _unrelated_ to the subject at hand, only effect it has is distract from
>> > the content which is what the reader cares about, eating more resources
>> > net bandwidth, cpu and memory and of course all the secholes in the bloated
>> > trash needed to view the latest brainfarts of the industry ...
>> >
>> > ffmpeg.org is nice, CSS if used correct is fine as well
>> > a good test to see if a web page is well written is to use a browser just
>> > supporting plain html, no java* no flash no CSS and running on a text only
>> > terminal if the webpage is not useable the author is not competent at writing
>> > html
>>
>> Did you check the link I pasted to the reworked version? It won't
>> really look too much different to you.
>
> i did and i saw no obvious problems

OK, well, I'm going to start committing soon because I have received
praise for the initial steps on the navigation. The major complaints
so far have only been about fixed-width and I've removed that though
it's something that's very easy to change via CSS anyway and won't
affect non-CSS users.

Regards,
Rob