[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] get rid of h264_vdpau codec

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Feb 12 22:08:23 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 03:27:17PM -0500, Alex Converse wrote:
> In theory that's nice. In practice it would be nice to be able to
> still use vo vdpau without the vdpau codecs if you are running into a
> vdpau codec bug.

Just add e.g. -vf format=YV12 (at least in theory, but even if that does
not worka special option can be added, e.g. -vo vdpau:noaccel).
Cleaning up vd_ffmpeg so this actually works will be more of an issue
(it sets a lot of stuff like
        avctx->flags|= CODEC_FLAG_EMU_EDGE;//do i need that??!!
        avctx->slice_flags=SLICE_FLAG_CODED_ORDER|SLICE_FLAG_ALLOW_FIELD;
that I suspect are either unnecessary or are a sign of a not
thought-through design and should be moved to libavcodec, but at
least they must be moved to some other place).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger