[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] freeze

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Feb 9 17:28:44 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:03:38PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:
>>
>> > OK people, the time has come to freeze.  Two more weeks for the release
>> > remain.  From now on please refrain from committing anything that might
>> > be risky and/or not a bug fix.
>> >
>> > Documentation updates, cosmetics and similar changes are exempt from the
>> > freeze.  We haven't had a freeze in 200 or so weeks, you will survive 2
>> > weeks of restraint now ;-)
>>
>> What purpose does halting development for 2 weeks serve?  You could
>> just as well release svn HEAD now instead.
>
> Please no pointless discussions at this point.

It's not really fair to have one person (that would be you) dictated
the actions of all others.

If people want the kind of "release" this will result in, a much
simpler solution is to set up a bi-weekly cron job creating tarball of
HEAD from two weeks prior.  Really, it achieves the same thing.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com