[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split rtp.h

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Feb 6 13:48:11 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
>>> anyway, here are the issues my script found (these of course have nothing
>>> to do with the split and fixes to them belong to other patches but they
>>> should be fixed one day none the less)
>> I am taking a note and I promise to address all the muxer related
>> issues. I'll also have a look at the issues in common rtp code.
>>
>> BTW, can you share your script? Or is it already available somewhere and
>> I am just missing it?
>
> attached, though note the following
[...]

Thanks! This is very helpful. I'll use it for checking my next patches :)
Even considering all your remarks about the script, I believe that having
it in tools could be very useful... Ideally, every people should run it
on their patches before submission (and developers submitting a patch can
easily recognise the false positives).

[...]
>>> also i think you dont need to send patches to split code maitained by you
>>> just split the split and commit the parts
>
>> Well, technically I maintain only half of this code ;-)
>
> want me to fix that?
Well, the RTSP demuxer scares me too much (I think you can understand why :);
I'll happily leave it to Luca B.
Maybe in the future I'll have more spare time and I'll be able to help with
the RTSP demuxer and to co-maintain it.

				Thanks,
					Luca