[FFmpeg-devel] Video playback on iPhone

Steven Woolley woobert
Mon Feb 2 21:15:05 CET 2009

I noticed a flurry of comments about WunderRadio's LGPL compliance last
month, even though they were actually in compliance (I think)... haven't
seen much at all about orb networks (with their orb live iphone app and the
orb server application) which appears to violate both the GPL and LGPL.  I'm
very interested in being able to play live video on the iPhone so their
compliance would (possibly) be of great worth to me personally.  There's
already a bug filed, https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue766 and
I've sent feedback on the iTunes store Regarding it but heard nothing back
from orb.
Failing that, anyone know of anything open source (preferably lgpl) that
shows how to display video and sync audio using the ffmpeg libraries on the
iPhone? I know SDL has an iPhone port, but I wasn't able to get it to work
as a drop in library with ffmpeg.

Thanks for your time and a great program!
Steve